Movie Nights: Topnotch Movies to Watch With Family (and Friends)
One of the best ways to bond with family or friends, at home, is by sharing a horror, comedy, action, or romantic flick with the group. Obviously, horror is the best because you can easily manipulate your surroundings (if you’re watching in your own outdoor/indoor home theater). This set-up works well with home theaters. Setting up your very own home cinema is simple; however, you’d need your space, projector, movie screen, (check out http://outdoormoviehq.com/outdoor-movie-screens/). Add in some pop corn to the calculation and you’re probably good to go
However, picture this, you’ve set up your movie screen, projector, and your home theater, in general, but you’re lacking the ultimate necessity: the right movie or perhaps, the right movies. Well, we never want you to experience this and so, we’ve compiled the best movies for comedy, horror, action, and romance in no particular order.
Horror and Thrillers
- The Exorcist (1973) – This movie focuses on evil spirits taking over an innocent body and driving it away through exorcism.
- The Conjuring (2013) – It’s all about that one house which desperately needs some exorcism as there are bad spirits occupying the space and disturbing the ones living in it,
- The Blair Witch Project (1999) – If you guys are into documentaries and horror stories based on actual tales, then tune in to this movie.
- Lights Out (2016) – The movie revolves on the importance of light to keep bad spirits away.
- Silence of the Lambs (1991) – One of the most classic thrillers, this movie focuses on a psychopath and his adventures.
- White Chicks – This movie is all about two male agents who goes undercover, hilariously.
- Scary Movie – If you want crazy horror-movie mocking, this one’s perfect for you regardless if it’s Scary Movie 1,2,3, or 4. However, this could require parental guidance for young kids.
- The Hangover – If you’re into extreme adventures, and getting in trouble with big bad guys, Hangover 1,2, or 3 is perfect for you.
- The Matrix – For those into sci-fi action, Matrix is the perfect movie to watch if you’re into action with superhuman abilities.
- Inception – A great science fiction film which revolves around infiltrating the subconscious.
- James Bond – Classic James Bond will always be a great action movie; crazy adventures await Mr. Bond from time to time.
- Aliens (1986) – If you’re into being invaded by aliens and killing them one by one, this movie is for you.
- Love Actually – This movie is one of the all-time best romantic movies ever and so, there’ll be no spoilers at all.
- Bridget Jones’ Diary – Another classic movie of push and pull when it comes to love.
- 50 First Dates – This movie might have a little bit of tragedy but it goes to show what love can do.
- A Walk to Remember – One of the most heartbreaking movies, prepare your tissues for this one.
- 500 Days of Summer – This is a shout out to the fickle hearted and minded ones but also a lesson for those who are too selfish in love.